Mary Lou Newman-Teel
- Carthage is using a modified t-ball. The coach will pitch the ball to the girls and they have 4 pitches to hit the ball before the tee is brought in for them to hit off of.
- The ball must be hit solidly off the tee (when being used) and any other hit is considered a foul.
- The ball should travel at least 10 feet to be considered a hit.
- If the ball is overthrown or missed on an attempt to throw the runner out on an infield hit, the runner will be allowed a 1 base advancement.
- If other runners are on base when this attempt is made, they can advance at their own risk until the ball reaches the dead ball area.
- The dead ball area is an area, which will be marked on the field by a circle around the pitcher’s mound.
- If the ball is hit into the outfield, the runners advance at their own risk until the ball reaches the dead ball area. The runners will then be stopped or advanced by the umpire/coaches.
- Coaches should join their team on the field while on defense to offer instruction, help with player position, encourage attention to the ball being hit, etc.
- Depending upon their location, put-outs, force-outs, and tag-outs are all legal. No infield fly rule.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SLIDING!!! Don’t encourage or allow it.
- Each team will bat the complete roster every inning. The coaches will tell the opposing team when the last batter is up.
- The last batter must be put out at the dead ball area. Try to rotate your lineup so that the same child is not the last batter each inning of the same game.
- The base runners must stay in contact with the base until the ball is hit. When the players have advanced as far as possible without being put out or retired, the coach/umpire shall call time to prepare for the next batter. If a girl is tagged out, she must return to the dugout.
- All equipment must be “Little League Tee Ball” approved. No other bats or balls will be used.
- No “on deck” batter is allowed. The batter must remain in dugout until actual time to bat. No bats should be swung in the dugout. All batters must wear an approved helmet while at bat and running the bases.
- When the tee is brought in for a batter, after 4 pitches were not hit, the tee is to be placed in front of the plate for proper batting position and stance.
- No child shall be put in the catcher position while playing defense.
- Game times are limited to 1 hour.
No scorekeeping & no standings are kept. Just basic fun and fundamentals.