- If the tournament is rained out before you play your first game you are entitled to a full refund. If one game has been started, you may receive half refund. If your second game has been started, there shall be no refund. If a team drops out of a tournament within 2 weeks prior to the start date, there shall be no refund. If the tournament is full and teams have been turned away within 30 days of the start date, there shall be no refund.
- Gate admission and souvenir sales are final and therefore non-refundable.
- Time limit 1 hour 10 min.
- Run rule 12 after 3, 10 after 4, and 8 after 5. Rule 4, Sec 4.
- Forfeited games are 7 to 0. Rule 4, Sec 7.
- A player shall not compete in any sanctioned tournaments of the association with more than one team during the same tournament. Page 6 Sec 4-B.
- All teams may begin the game with eight (8) players and take an out in the ninth (9) batting position. Rule 5, Sec 2-B.
- All teams must turn in their roster before the first pitch of their game of the tournament. It does not matter if your roster is online. (Carthage Complex Rule)
- Protest Fee is $100.00. Protest of player eligibility shall be charged per player. Rule 13, Sec 2.
- A batter shall have 10 seconds to take their position in the batter’s box. Rule 7, Sec 8.
- Attempted Bunt Rule. “Players must pull back out of strike zone” Rule 3, sec 12.
- Tie-Breaker. Rule 4, Sec 5.
- Additional Player. Up to two additional players can be used to increase the batting lineup to 10 or 11 batters. Rule 5, Sec 3.
- Blood Rule. Rule 5. Sec 8 (Please read rule book to understand rule).
- Look Back Rule. Rule 8, Sec 2 (Please read rule book to understand rule).
- Courtesy Rule. Rule 8, Sec 2. A courtesy runner can be used for the pitcher and catcher in the same inning.
- Sportsmanship. Rule 11, Page 52. (Please honor and respect this rule).
- Playing Field. Rule 1, Sec 1. Pitching distance for 13U on up will be 43′ beginning 1/1/2010.
- Equipment. Rule 2, Sec 4. Metal cleats and toe plates are allowed for 14U on up.
- Equipment. Rule 2, Sec 5. Unadorned devices may be worn to control a player’s hair.
- Equipment. Rule 2, Sec 9-B. The glove/mitt may be any combination of colors except the color of the game ball or optic. Glove lacing and manufacturer’s logos may be any color other than that of the ball. A gray, white or optic colored circle on the outside or inside of the glove/mitt that gives the appearance of a ball is illegal. A glove/mitt that is judged to be distracting by the Umpire is illegal.
- Pitching. Rule 6, Sec 1-K. Penalty: Dead ball; a ball on the batter. Once the ball has been returned to the pitcher, the pitcher has 20 seconds to release the next pitch, after the Umpire says “play”.
- Base Running. Rule 8, Sec 3-D. Allow courtesy runner for an injured runner.
- 10U and younger rule exceptions. Rule 15, Sec 3. Removed our current “non caught” third strike rule exception for 9U & 10U. The exception will continue to apply for 8U on down.
- Line Cards. Rule 3, Sec 10 & Rule 5, Sec 1-B. Make consistent in requiring both first and last names and player numbers.
- Adopt DP/FLEX to replace DH. Rule 5, Sec 4.
- Pitching. Rule 6, Sec 1. Require two feet on the pitching plate and no backward step is allowed.
- Manager/Coach ejection from the game must leave the vicinity of the playing area (out of sight) the coach will sit out of the remainder of the game and the following game. If the coach does not leave within 1 min of ejection the team will take a forfeit loss of that game.
- For all rainout updates for Tournament or League play visit www.carthagesoftball.com.
The City of Carthage has implemented a park rule prohibiting smoking anywhere other than in parking lots. Please do not smoke inside our complex.